Six Victorian councils have announced their newly elected Mayors and Deputy Mayors following a number of council meetings across the state to confirm the future leaders.
- Wyndham City: Iramoo Ward Cr, Peter Maynard, has been elected Mayor of Wyndham City. This is Cr Maynard’s third term as Mayor after serving in 2014-15 and 2017-18.
- Baw Baw Shire: Cr Michael Leaney has been elected as Mayor and Cr Annemarie McCabe has been elected as Deputy Mayor.
- Mornington Peninsula Shire: Cr Anthony Marsh has been elected as Mayor and Cr Lisa Dixon as Deputy Mayor.
- Strathbogie Shire: Cr Laura Binks has been elected as the new Strathbogie Shire Council Mayor, with Cr Paul Murray elected to the role of Deputy Mayor.
- Horsham Rural City: Council has re-elected Cr Robyn Gulline as Mayor.
- Campaspe Shire: Cr Chrissy Weller was re-elected unopposed as Mayor of Campaspe Shire Council, and Cr Colleen Gates was elected as Deputy Mayor.
Mayor of Wyndham, Peter Maynard, said, “It is a great honour and a privilege to lead this City as we recover from the COVID pandemic.
“I’m certainly looking forward to getting out and about and seeing as many residents as possible following months of restrictions and lockdowns.”
Strathbogie Shire Mayor, Laura Binks, said, “I’m really excited about the opportunities that we have at Strathbogie Shire to create a forward-thinking and forward-acting Shire that is truly representative of the whole municipality.
“I love this part of the world and it’s exciting to be taking on this leadership role for the community and I’m looking forward to the year ahead.”
Horsham Rural City Mayor, Robyn Gulline, said it was a privilege to be re-elected as Mayor for a second term and she was looking forward to leading Council in the progression of key projects for the region.
“It’s an honour to be elected Mayor for the second year. I will continue to engage with the community at every opportunity and work together to make decisions for the benefit of our community,” Mayor Gulline said.